Waves Waves

One thing I'm really digging about your waves are the white crests. The texturing on that particular part is pretty good, especially for that medium. I also like your use of colors outside of basic blues and greens. The sky is sorta lacking, but I only noticed that after studying it for a while. Overall, you have some great work up, and it's nice to see someone using traditional media. I look forward to seeing how you progress with the pastels because they're one of my favorites. Keep up the good work. :)

Seriousle responds:

thanks a bunch for the advice and compliments :) i've been struggling with sky because is i try and add any detail or highlight it find that it then detracts from the focal point, however, i agree that the blue i have in this one doesnt really stand out and the white break between the ocean and the sky is too large there is no clear horizon line that should be there :) i will be working on this in future pieces

Pirate Ship Colored and Framed Pirate Ship Colored and Framed

I love everything about this. The style, the colors, the composition, the details... Even the way you signed and dated it is fuckin' cool.

JackDCurleo responds:

Thank you, that's not actually my signature or the date it was done, this is for my cousin so that's his name and birthdate, my signature is on one of the octopus' tentacles.